Learn how to make The Whitney's signature dish: Beef Wellington
.5 lbs Beef fillet
.5 lbs Flat mushrooms
4 slices Parma ham (can substitute with Prosciutto)
English mustard for brushing meat
.5 lbs puff pastry
2 Egg yolks
1 Clove garlic, crushed
1 Sprig thyme (fresh)
2 large baby gem lettuce
Salt and pepper
Mustard vinaigrette, optional
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat oil in a large pan and sear the meat on all sides. Don't cook the meat, just brown each side. Let it cool and then brush it with the mustard.
3. Chop the mushrooms in a food processor to make a puree. Throw the puree in a hot pan with no oil and sweat out all of the liquid. Let the water evaporate and then set it aside to cool.
4. Lay four slices of Parma ham down on a large piece of cling film, slightly overlapping, then brush with mushroom mixture.
5. Put the beef in the middle of the ham and roll the ham around the beef using the cling film. Twist the ends of the cling film to tighten the roll, then refrigerate it for 15 minutes to let it set.
6. Roll your puff pastry and then brush the edges with Egg Wash. Roll the pastry over the beef completely covering it. Cut off any excess pieces. Egg Wash the top. Put your roll back in the fridge for 5 minutes. Egg Wash again and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing.