A Mall of America employee was injured after being shocked while conducting electrical work Sunday afternoon.
As a result of the incident, 19 stores lost power during shopping hours.
It is not clear where on his body the 24-year-old employee was injured, but the worker was alert and conscious while being transported to an area hospital, said Bloomington Police Chief Rick Heart.
Mall of America spokesman Dan Jasper said the employee was hurt while working in an electrical room.
The man's identity and the extent of his injuries are unknown at this time.
KMSP-TV11358 Viking DriveEden Prairie, MN 55344
Phone: (952) 944-9999Fax: (952) 942-0455