Two firefighters were taken to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation after lightning sparked a fire in Hudson, Wis., at about 10 p.m. on Saturday.
The fire started in the attic of a duplex located in the 1500 block of Hunter Hill Road, and officials say a total of seven different departments had to respond because it was difficult to fight the flames.
"We believe it started, possibly, from a lightning strike," said Hudson Fire Chief Jim Frye. "We had a little thunderstorm go through here and the neighbors are reporting that the houses just shook."
Frye confirmed that both units of the duplex were affected by the fire, saying the residents will likely be displaced for months.