A 13-year-old boy was taken to the hospital for alcohol poisoning last Sunday after some other boys found him nearly-unconscious in a Hastings, Minn. park.
The Hastings Gazette reports the boys called 911 around 4:15 p.m. after finding their friend sitting with his head down at a picnic table near Park Lane and Bahls Drive. Responding officers found the boy covered in vomit.
An 11-year-old boy who was also drunk approached officers, crying and concerned for his friend. That boy was given a breath test that registered a .16 BAC.
The boys wouldn't tell police where they got the alcohol from. They were both turned over to their parents for discipline with no charges or citations.