Recipe: Marcona Almond Purses from Woolley's Steakhouse
Yields: 18 purses
• 3-6inch pieces of pie dough rolled to ¼ inch thick
• 1 Egg
• 1 cup Marcona Almonds
• ½ cup St. Peters Blue Cheese
• ¼ cup Heavy Cream
• 2 tsp Plump Chef Diablo Shake
Combine almonds, blue cheese, heavy cream and Diablo shake in food processor and pulse until coarsely blended. Next, cut each piece of pie dough into three triangles, spreading egg wash over the edges. Place a tablespoon of mixture in middle and pinch ends together to seal. Place purses on parchment paper and freeze until needed.
To bake, place on oiled cookie sheet or parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
• 3 cups pitted cherries
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 cups water
• ½ cup Sherry Vinegar
• ¼ cup brandy
• 1 teaspoon cardamom
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
Caramelize sugar in a heavy bottom sauce pan, then add water and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
• Spoon a tablespoon of cherry compote onto plate
• Place the purses over the cherry compote
• Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles, Marcona almonds and micro greens over the purses.