Get this recipe courtesy of Victoria's Tea Salon in Wayne, Mich. To learn more about their catering service, call 734-968-7338.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast – cooked, cooled and cut into small cubes
- ½ cup red onion chopped fine
- ¼ cup celery chopped fine
- ½ cup water chestnuts chopped fine
- 1 cup dried cherries (can use dried cranberries or fresh fruit such as apples or grapes cut into small pieces)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans (can use walnuts if preferred)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (can use 2 cloves of garlic that have been cooked with the chicken breast – mash garlic after cooking)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Mix all the ingredients until well blended. Refrigerate a couple hours or overnight to enhance flavor.
1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread
Cut crust off 2 slices of bread.
Spread ¼ cup chicken mixture on bottom slice and cover with top slice of bread.
Cut the sandwich diagonally to form 2 triangles.
Repeat for more sandwiches.