The owners of the Left Handed Cook, the newest addition to the Midtown Global Market, came to the FOX 9 Kitchen on Saturday to introduce their new restaurant and give a preview of their menu.
Soft Shell Crab
- 4 Soft Shell Crab
- 1 cup Tempura Flour
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- 1/2 Onion (Sliced)
- 1 cup Arugala
- 4 Hamburger Buns or Sandwich buns
- Oil for frying
- Crab Aioli*
- Fish Sauce Vinaigrette*
- First clean the apron and "face" of the crab.
- Heat oil in a pot or high walled pan to 350F degrees.
- Mix the tempura batter, add water until you get a consistency that runs off of a spoon easily but is still thick.
- Dip the soft shell crab in the batter mix until well coated then gently lower into hot oil.
- Once crab is fully cooked, chop into bite size pieces and mix with Crab aioli with onion and avocado.
- Toss arugula with Fish Sauce vinaigrette.
- Stuff sliced buns with crab mix and top with arugula.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon crab meat (lump or claw)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste
- Mix all ingredients together.
Fish Sauce Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoon - Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoon - lemon juice
- 1/4 tablespoon - lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon - Sweet Chili sauce (Mae Ploy or something similar)
- 1 tablespoon - Olive oil
- Mix and incorporate ingredients well.