Source: The Sun
SOLIHULL, England -- A lucky duck survived after falling down a British mom's chimney straight into a roaring fire. Stunned Helen Marsh was watching TV at home in Solihull, central England, when she heard a "whooshing" sound and soot started billowing from her fireplace. It got so thick that she was forced to leave the room, returning to find the flustered mallard sitting on her sofa nursing singed tail feathers. Accountant Marsh, 47, said, "We tried to catch it, but our dog was going crazy, and the duck was flapping soot all over the place." She managed to trap it on her porch, where it sat in a box lined with newspaper until animal welfare charity the RSPCA took it away to release it into the wild.
Read More: Duck falls down UK chimney into roaring fire and lives to tell the tail
KMSP-TV11358 Viking DriveEden Prairie, MN 55344
Phone: (952) 944-9999Fax: (952) 942-0455