Here’s a super-quick supper that offers summer flexibility. Either grill or sauté the chicken on the stovetop, then quickly assemble ripe tomatoes, crisp smoky bacon, and tender garden greens. Drizzle with a creamy dressing spiked with lemon and garlic—and sprinkle with chopped red onion if you’d like.
TOMATO BASIL BLT SALAD
Makes 2 servings
¼ cup light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2 (6 ounces each) Gold’n Plump® Seasoned Boneless Skinless Breast Fillets—Tomato Basil Flavored
3 thick-cut slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
1/2 cup cubed (3/4-inch) whole-wheat country bread
4 cups mixed baby salad greens, including some fresh basil leaves if desired
1 cup red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
• Mix all dressing ingredients together until smooth; set aside.
• Meanwhile, grill or sauté chicken breasts in large skillet over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center. Place on plate; hold until ready to assemble salads.
• Cook bacon in large skillet for 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
• Add bread cubes to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until golden.
• Place greens on two plates; top with tomatoes and bacon pieces. Slice chicken fillets and place on top. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle croutons on top.